After several weeks of marathon work on calendar production (not the paintings themselves) I'm delighted to announce that yesterday morning I took all the files and all the originals to the printer's!
I'm very excited to be working with this printer having seen the quality of other work they've done. And although the calendar costs more to create this time around, I purposely kept the retail price the same as last year's.
One reason for the added expense is that I chose to print in the U.S. instead of Asia. This way I can work directly with the printer including being there when it goes on press. The last time I was able to do this was 1990! I am certain these folks can meet (or exceed) my high standards.
This printer has very high ecological practices, including zero VOC inks so you don't feel like you're developing COPD just by walking in the door. Because of this, I can put an environmental impact statement on the back cover. (And they have plug-ins in the parking lot for electric cars!) I'm very happy to be working with a company that is aligned with my values.
Enter Murphy. Last week I asked for the dimensions of the impact statement so I could leave the right amount of space for it, but somehow, wires got crossed. Yesterday when they showed me what it would actually look like I saw right away it would never fit.
Luckily I had my computer with me (not the norm.) They graciously set me up in a conference room where I spent the better part of two hours completely re-doing the back cover. I apologize in advance for anything out of alignment or misspelled. In the thirty-nine years I've been doing this I've learned one very important thing: if you don't find three errors AFTER it's been printed, something is seriously amiss in the Universe.
In a few more weeks I'll have them in my hot little hands and can start sending them out to you. And then, of course, you'll want to order dozens more to give to everyone you know!